I’m not really a big cheesecake kind of guy but every now and then I get in the mood for one. I rarely eat plain cheesecake so I love finding a good flavored one. This recipe can be used either way. Eat it plain or have some fun with it and flavor it with your favorite fruit. I chose to make this a raspberry cheesecake for my anniversary. This is a great raw no bake recipe that came out great for the occasion. The crust is a recipe taken from PlantPure kitchen as Kim Campbell is one of my biggest inspirations. I highly recommend buying her cookbooks and following her on social media as she is always posting great recipes and ideas. Following her has given me so many ideas to play around with and use in my own personal creations.
No bake pie crust:
1 1/2 cups oats
1 cup walnuts
1 cup Medjool dates, pitted
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 unsweetened coconut flakes
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Grind the oats in a food processor into a flour. Add the walnuts and blend until the mixture is completely combined and sticking together.
- Add the dates, applesauce, coconut, and cinnamon to form a dough that holds together.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9 inch spring form pan.
- 3 cups chopped cashews, soaked for 2 hours
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- In a food processor, blend cashews, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla, salt, lemon and raspberry’s together until super smooth. Pour in mixture on top of crust and smooth the top level with a spatula. Place in the freezer for a few hours before serving until firm.
- Let cake thaw for 15-20 minutes before serving.
I served mine with some chocolate gnash and fresh raspberry sauce. Serve yours however you would like. Again, have fun with it and enjoy.
— Chef Drew